Join contemporary alchemist, Simon Goland, as he poses the questions Why are you here? And…What has your life been preparing you for? These questions are what gets answered through his work as an educator, facilitator, leader and coach. Listen in as they play with and discuss Presence, and how returning to presence becomes the basis for knowing what is needed, moment by moment, including the practice of emergent dialogue. They jam on the Enneagram, their histories with personal transformational journeys, the spiraling nature of inner work, its role in the pursuit of right livelihood and what it means to embody one’s education, going beyond frameworks and theories of leadership.
Listen in, as they explore…
- Various expressions of leadership and how those may evolve over time. Simon identifies as a rebel and improviser and how those play into his life, work and leadership look radically different than 20 years ago. How are your qualities evolving?
- The patterns and repeated lessons that won’t leave you alone, the painful revisiting of these patterns and also the beauty of knowing and doing your work.
- Why inner work, and specifically knowing yourself deeply and cultivating presence is so important when it comes to leading your vocation.
- The power of the Enneagram. What is this system? Far beyond a typing model, Simon shares what working with the enneagram can do in helping to uncoil ego patterns while honouring and growing a healthy ego.
- The surprising impact a couple of cliche, inspirational quotes had on both Simon and Chela at different times and how you never know what opens the door for people to deep dive.
- What happens when stepping into leadership and developing a body of work with a transformational container, the way that work works on the leader who created it. Hear the intimate and timely questions Simon is living.
More from Simon:
Right Livelihood Quest, is a 12-week transformative journey, guiding participants on an inquiry into two questions:
1. Why am I here?
2. What has your life been preparing you for?
Also in this Episode:
Self Inquiry with Alison Dawn Lee.
Simon calls himself a “contemporary alchemist”, facilitating transformational awakening journeys with individuals, groups, teams, and organizations. His own journey spanned industries, cultures, learning environments, organizations, and other areas of interest; all weave themselves into the work he does. Merging the ancient principles of Eastern philosophies with the modern research into adult and social learning theories, the Enneagram, organizational performance, creativity and innovation, performing arts, and coaching modalities, Simon incorporates a holistic perspective into both his life and his unique, integrated services work. He is an Educator, a Facilitator of Awakening Experiences, a retreat leader, and an Executive Coach – all rolled into one. Whatever the forum, Simon facilitates the process of awakening – as a way of being, as a continuing journey of integrated and applied exploration and practice.
Find Simon here: