Heather Chauvin is a leadership coach who helps ambitious, overwhelmed women become leaders at work and home. Drawing from her experience as a social worker, raising three boys, and navigating a cancer journey, Heather helps her clients create and enjoy sustainability, profitability and ease in business and life. In this episode, Heather invites listeners to redefine and reclaim what they want for their life. She shines light on ways women ignore their natural rhythms and lose their identity adopting society’s self-destructive addiction to faster living. Heather offers permission to take power back, walking us through practical ways to identify needs, embrace unique leadership expressions and set new rules.
Listen in while they explore:
- Why, counter-intuitively, small changes lead to major shifts and how to calibrate your expectations and approach to personal development. That individualized leadership and really claiming your own stand is the micro difference that can lead to collective macro change.
- The impact that society’s fast paced culture has on our thoughts and beliefs, and the negative implications of these patterns on our leadership, business and health.
- Heather’s experience with her cancer diagnosis, what was stripped away and what she needed to build to be able to truly live in a new and sustainable way.
- Permission, permission, permission. How big this theme is as an underlying condition holding people back and the places to look to see if you’ve been unconsciously denying yourself permission to follow what’s true for you.
- How to identify and embrace your leadership style to better serve your clients and community. They jam on Enneagram personality types. Do you know yours? There’s a 7 and an 8 in this call, who’s who?
- Ways to identify and befriend the voices of resistance and how to lean into them to expand self-awareness and trust your ability to lead in your full capacity and expression.
- Dealing with the ever pervasive (groan!) fear of judgement and the difficult and nuanced challenges that arise when fully claiming your own permission to live the life that aligns with your values and goals.
More from Heather:
Pre-order Dying To Be A Good Mother book
Here are a few things you’ll discover in Heather’s book:
- The raw, brutal truth of my collapse and how I rebuilt myself from the ground up – and how you can do the same no matter how far you think you’ve fallen.
- The secret behind my powerful method of Energetic Time Management – and how you can use it to reclaim ownership over your time, energy, and focus.
- Help for neutralizing feelings of powerlessness when your child is disrespectful, and techniques to find out what’s really at the root of it… to heal the hurt and bring your relationship back into balance.
- Learn how to “switch up” your thinking to reclaim life’s possibilities and fill your heart with hope even in the face of adversity.
- How to lovingly embrace your inner dialogue, moving from self-critic to self-champion. By changing how you speak to yourself, you open the door for change in your community, culture, and to be a radical example of living freely without apology.
Heather Chauvin is a leadership coach who helps ambitious, overwhelmed women conquer their fears and become leaders at work and home.
Drawing from her professional experience as a social worker and her life experience raising three boys, Heather created a signature approach to help her clients create and enjoy sustainability, profitability and ease in business and life.
She is the host of the Mom Is In Control Podcast where she reveals her most vulnerable truths about womanhood, marriage, parenting, living through stage 4 cancer and running a successful business without burning out. She is releasing her first book in 2021.
She is the author of a new book, dying to be a good mother!
When Heather isn’t busy driving her boys to hockey practice, you can find her curled up on the couch next to her husband, planning their next family adventure.
Find Heather here: