Jeff Harry is bringing the play to this space and it is an enlivening and juicy approach to leading! Jeff shows individuals and companies how to tap into their true selves, to feel their happiest and most fulfilled — all by playing. Jeff is an international speaker showing audiences how major issues in the workplace can be solved using play. In this episode, Jeff shares how we as a society have not only complicated but fear the act of play, ultimately leading to the theft of joy. He shares some practical and exciting ways to reclaim our precious time, our joy and invite new opportunities to expand as a leader
Listen in while they talk about:
- Navigating uncertainty, how to acknowledge the array of emotions while still finding ways to immerse ourselves in activities that allow us to lose ourselves in time.
- The impact that society and our upbringing has on shaping the way we work through hard emotions, how we identify our worth and the tendency to look for external validation.
- The simplest way to connect with your inner child and tap into play.
- The innate gifts we all carry that can unleash many of the answers we seek, and by simply unleashing our inner child, we can find our purpose and, in turn, help to create a better world.
- How to engage play to know who we are and to claim our worth and bring our gifts and leadership forward into the world.
- Ways to befriend the inner critic to help you move through resistance and limiting beliefs, as well as embrace vulnerability or expansion hangover.
- And don’t miss out on the spontaneous exploration of a play practice live that emerges in the conversation!
More from Jeff:
If you feel like you have been binge-watching through life lately and need a jolt to help you find your purpose and passion again, explore the play experiments in this Rediscover Your Play Bonus. Trying out any of these suggestions will get you out of your rut and into a state of flow where the opportunities and adventures are boundless. Access your bonus here.
Jeff Harry shows individuals and companies how to tap into their true selves, to feel their happiest and most fulfilled — all by playing. Jeff has worked with Google, Microsoft, Southwest Airlines, Adobe, the NFL, Amazon, and Facebook, helping their staff to infuse more play into the day-to-day.
Jeff is an international speaker who has presented at conferences such as INBOUND, SXSW, and Australia’s Pausefest, showing audiences how major issues in the workplace can be solved using play. Jeff was selected by BambooHR & Engagedly as one of the Top 100 HR Influencers of 2020 for his organizational development work around dealing with toxic people in the workplace. His play work has most recently been featured in the NY Times article: How Do We Add More Play To Our Grown-Up Life – Even Now. He has also been featured on AJ+, SoulPancake, the SF Chronicle, and CNN.
While we spend most of our time pretending to be important, serious grownups, it’s when we let go of that facade and just play, that the real magic happens. Fully embracing your own nerdy genius — whatever that is — gives you the power to make a difference and change lives. Jeff believes that we already have many of the answers we seek, and by simply unleashing our inner child, we can find our purpose and, in turn, help to create a better world.
Find Jeff here: