Jason Melchi is the founder and Chief Data Dude at Empact Solutions, a purpose-driven organization that is focused on transforming youth justice through an empowered and collaborative use of data. Think data doesn’t apply to your role as a leader? Think data is boring? Jason implores you to think again. Leaders can exert a powerful effect on behaviour by providing and analyzing the right type of data. In this episode, they explore how to bridge the gap between the technical and human elements of leading a mission driven initiative, bringing both a strong understanding of data and a compassionate approach to serving others.
Listen in while they explore:
- How Empact Solutions applied data to help send incarcerated youth home at the beginning of the pandemic and continue to leverage data to create positive change.
- The underlying assumptions about data use, that limits people’s understanding and power of data, and how one can leverage community feedback to uplevel their leadership and services.
- How instilling humour and real life, relatable examples can lure people past their resistance to engage in topics or adopt practices that aren’t in their wheelhouse.
- Ways to empower your team and organization to use data to create a positive impact in your communities and all the positive changes you’re leaving on the table if you don’t and how to cultivate a foundation for organization-wide endorsement for the integration of data-informed decision making.
- Implementing key developmental strategies to support an organization’s adoption of data into their decision-making process and why this is particularly important for organizations committed to social justice initiatives.
- Owning your contribution and strengths as a leader while simultaneously learning and developing as an individual and professional.
References in this Episode:
Article: The Number of Young People Held In Detention Centers Fell 24 Perecent (during the pandemic)
Read it here
Article: Virus-Driven Push to Release Juvenile Detainees Leaves Black Youth Behind
Read it here
LEAD: Chela’s six month group coaching program for awake and generous leaders committed to impact, service and growing generative connection. Together, co-creating meaningful change that enables your greatest gifts to be realized in the world.
Next Cohort begins Feb 1, 2021.
Learn more here
Jason Melchi is the founder and Chief Data Dude at Empact Solutions, a purpose-driven organization that is focused on transforming youth justice through an empowered and collaborative use of data. Jason spent the first part of his professional life as a computer programmer but always felt a deep yearning to have a bigger impact with his life. Since that time, Jason completed his Master’s in Social Work from Indiana University, earned his certification as an integral coach through Integral Coaching Canada and started his own organization. Jason speaks as an impassioned advocate for using data work as social work seeking to break down the myth that data should be left only to the experts. He leverages his unusual combination of knowledge, intuition, experience and passion to bridge the gap between the technical and human elements of using data, bringing both a strong understanding of data and a compassionate approach to serving others. Jason lives in Indianapolis, IN while serving in his most sacred role, being a Dad to his young son.