Miriam Mason Martineau is a mother, therapeutic counselor, parenting coach, writer, speaker, and researcher who helps clients discover and express their evolving potential – in themselves, their relationships, and the world. This episode explores the interface between leadership, parenting, age transition, intimacy of family values and how that presses against the backdrop of what’s unfolding in society. They talk about the foundation of any good leader – at home or in life, and ask challenging questions that will reinforce your beliefs and anchors in leading with heart, confidence, and grace.
Listen in while they talk about:
- The core tenants in parenting as a spiritual practice and why it’s always a spiritual practice.
- How to move through the evolution of parenthood and leadership. Even if you’re not a parent, you may be surprised by the parallels in raising ourselves as leaders!
- How to establish and build strong sense of trust and connection with your children and how that can translate into leading in satisfying and successful business and life.
- Leading through uncertainty, the value of nurturing and maintaining trust when faced with doubt.
- The importance of establishing and naming anchors that we can hold onto ourselves as parents or as leaders and can impart to our kids when they grow.
More from Miriam:
Parenting as a Spiritual Practice: an 8-week virtual course
Exploring this new frontier in the parenting adventure, from meta-perspectives to daily practices, you’ll discover just how powerful this integral-evolutionary context can be in creating the fullest, richest, most loving parenting practice. Raise the bar for how you show up as a parent, and provide your child with the very best foundation for being a loving, creative, conscious being — while discovering an unshakeable ease amidst the inevitable ups, downs, and doubts of parenting.
Learn more or register here.
Miriam Mason Martineau is a mother, therapeutic counselor, parenting coach, writer, speaker, and researcher. She holds an M.A. in Psychology from the University of Zurich, with specialization in Youth and Child Psychology, and has been working in private practice as an integral therapeutic counselor since 1995. Miriam is vice-president of Next Step Integral, an international organization that brings an integral perspective to ecology, education, parenting and community. Through her writing, workshops, speaking engagements, counselling for individuals and couples, as well as parent coaching and online parenting course, she helps clients discover and express their evolving potential – in themselves, their relationships, and the world.
Find Miriam here: