Terri Cole is a licensed psychotherapist, relationship expert and founder of Real Love Revolution, Boundary Bootcamp and author of the upcoming book, Boundary Boss. This episode kicks off by exploring the ways in which the work Terri is leading has really led and developed her in profound ways, no matter how far you go in your leadership journey, new ventures will humble you and how boundaries are fundamental to leading yourself, others and your initiative.
Listen in while they talk about:
- How writing a book on how to be a boundary boss made Terri a more veritable boundary boss in the process, clearing out any remnants of her disease to please.
- The ongoing process to keep “talking true” at the top of your mind. How to work with the path of least resistance that inevitably creeps in.
- The challenge of being in the unknown when you’re a recovering control freak. When you’re normally masterful at things, the capacities that being in ‘new’ calls upon.
- Mastery can become golden handcuffs. The value of shedding entrenched identities , challenging ourselves and being vulnerable and that voluntary vulnerability is appropriate and healthy as a leader.
- Owning up to mistakes as a quality of leadership, and what that models to others who look to you for integrity and direction.
- Feedback, when and how to accept and integrate it and do so graciously versus when to not accept and integrate feedback.
- The importance of boundaries in leadership, if we don’t have sovereignty over how we’re leading ourselves, our intentions, desires and impulses, how can we lead others or bigger missions?
- High functioning codependency. It’s not the same negative vibe as codependency as commonly understood. How women who are so capable (over functioning, over giving, over doing) based on terrible boundaries end up exhausted and not having healthy relationships.
- A simple and powerful exercise on how to get unstuck with secondary gain.
Referenced in this Episode:
Terri’s upcoming book: Boundary Boss-The Essential Guide to Talk True, Be Seen and (Finally) Live Free
Pre-order it here.
More from Terri:
How to Get Unstuck with Secondary Gain
Do you feel stuck? Do you wonder why can’t you lose the weight, stop binging Netflix, or leave the bad relationship?Whatever your circumstance is, why you stay stuck is as unique as you are. It’s certainly not because you want to be miserable or because you’re “crazy,” there’s an actual psychological device at work here. Ready for Terri to teach you a way to reveal your secondary gain? Get your free copy here.
More Love Starter Kit
Meditation and How To Create and Attract Lasting Love Cheatsheet!
Terri created these steps as a roadmap, with self-love as the destination. In order for you to have real love in your life, you must first be able to fully love yourself. But it isn’t as easy as turning “on” a self-love switch. There is work to be done. Get your free copy here.
Terri Cole is a licensed psychotherapist and global leading expert in female empowerment, meditation, relationships, and wellbeing. For two decades, Terri has worked with some of the world’s most well-known personalities from international pop stars to Fortune 500 CEOs. She empowers over 100,000 women weekly through her platform, her signature courses Real Love Revolution and Boundary Bootcamp, online community + popular podcast, The Terri Cole Show. Her first book Boundary Boss: The Essential Women’s Guide to Talk True, Be Seen, and (Finally) Live Free will be released in April 2021.
Find Terri here:
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/TerriColeLCSW/
Podcast: Apple Podcasts