Sarah K Peck is the founder and CEO of Startup Pregnant and the host of The Startup Pregnant Podcast. She’s an entrepreneur and mother of 2 little ones, navigating the pandemic, parenting and working from home in a New York City apartment. She helps working parents navigate everyday insanity and is particularly interested in exploring the edges between happiness and loneliness. In this conversation, Sarah reassures us that “the good news is, we adapt really quickly to new things. It’s almost more that our beliefs and our hanging onto the previous life is harder to wrap our heads around”.
Sarah offers parents of future generations (and anyone who ever was a child) sound considerations about how the working world is shifting. Sarah also offers some creative prompts around ways that we can adapt and shift our own individual and collective decisions in order to support our current and future realities.
Listen in while they talk about:
- The curious ways in which children are syphoned away from the community, despite the profound benefit that their presence could have on communities and businesses.
- How the pandemic has given us the gift of witnessing the value and necessity of caretaking, while at the same time highlights the ways that the current infrastructure is built around siloed living.
- Knowing when to hustle into 6th gear, and when to rest.
- Ways to use social media that foster connection and education versus mindless scrolling and burnout.
- How leaders can make mistakes and change their minds, while still establishing trust and dependability.
References in this episode:
Gay Hendricks “Zone of Genius”
The Big Leap
More from Sarah:
Join Sarah’s Startup Community for parents.
The Pregnancy Reading List summarizes 50 of the books Sarah has read so you can take the nap you need. Great for first-time parents, pregnant women, and expecting parents.
Sarah K Peck is the founder and CEO of Startup Pregnant and the host of The Startup Pregnant Podcast, where she helps working parents try to navigate everyday insanity. She is currently quarantined at home with a 1 year old and a 3 year old and lives in New York City with no backyard.
Find Sarah here:
Instagram: @sarahkpeck and @startup_parent From this episode: